Wednesday, November 9, 2016

US CITIZEN HELD IN ISRAEL BY RABINICAL COURT

By Bob Walsh

I have to admit I hadn't realized the Rabinical Court had so much juice in Israel. This court has seized the passport of a U. S. citizen, effectively holding him in Israel. This has been going on for over a year now.

His offense? His son refuses to grant his wife a divorce.

It seems that the son and the son's wife are involved in a very nasty divorce proceeding. Also, a wife can not be divorced without her husband's permission. The Rabinical Court is of the impression that the son's refusal is tied somehow to the father, therefore the father is being punished by being prevented from leaving the country in order to apply pressure on the father to apply pressure on the son to approved the divorce.

I realize that tradition is very important to the Jewish people. I am not Jewish, I am not even a mono-theist. So maybe I am the wrong guy to comment, but I can't help but think that maybe they are taking this a tad too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment