Thursday, July 19, 2018

HOUSTON POLICE CHIEF ART ACEVEDO: OUR OFEICERS WILL BE ON PAROLEES LIKE FLIES ON STINK

Chief Art Acevedo promises that Houston cops will crack down on parolees

By Howie Katz

Big Jolly Tomes
July 18, 2018

From January 1990 until last September, Jose Rodriguez was a guest of the State of Texas in its Graybar Hotel chain. He had been convicted for burglary of a habitation using a deadly weapon, attempted aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and auto theft. Last September he was paroled to a halfway house in Dallas County. In December 2017 he was transferred to a halfway house in Houston. In March of this year he was outfitted with an ankle monitor and released to live in a home.

On July 5 Rodriguez cut off his ankle monitor and a warrant was issued for his arrest. Before he was captured on July 17, Rodriguez went on a crime spree which included the robbery-murders of a homeowner and the managers of two mattress stores.

An angry Houston police chief told a press conference his cops were going to crack down on parolees. Chief Art Acevedo said:

"Two things community needs to know: We are going to be flies on stink on parolees. They are not going to like living here unless they want to be responsible members of the community."

I have long criticized the lack of real supervision given to parolees. Parolees cannot be adequately supervised only on Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with office appointments and forewarned field visit appointments. Many, if not most, parole violations occur during the nighttime and on weekends.

And those ankle monitors should not be a substitute for good parole supervision. Jose Rodriguez was not busted because he had cut off his monitor, but because of an extensive manhunt by cops after he went on his deadly crime spree.

Nationwide, about 50 percent of parolees are returned to prison, some for violations of parole conditions, but most for committing new crimes. Parolees who completed their parole did so on their own without adequate supervision from their parole officers. Some of those who ‘succeeded’ on parole committed crimes for which they were not caught.

If Chief Acevedo keeps his promise about his cops being “flies on stink,” parolees in Houston can expect to get the kind of supervision from cops that they should have been getting from their parole officers.

NM PRISONS ABOUT TO MAX OUT

by Bob Walsh

The New Mexico prison system will, in its current configuration, hold 7,124 men. (That is two medium size prisons in CA.) The current prediction is that in five to six years they will max out. It is anticipated the women's prison will max out about the same time. They currently have space for 850 female prisoners.

The NM prison population has risen steadily over the last decade while many states prison population has gone down. (That does not mean the crime has gone down. Merely that these states, like California, simply don't lock criminals up.)

The head of the DOC says their system overall is about $300 million behind in deferred maintenance and most of the buildings are well beyond their useful service life.

Most people who can read and follow news will remember a horrid prison riot in New Mexico in 1980 where they lost control of a prison for several days. The causes were serious overpopulation and grotesque understaffing with poorly trained and very badly paid staff. The only people who worked there were those who could not get regular work picking lettuce.

The NM legislature seems so far to be unwilling to even consider any significant spending on prison facilities. If this continues they may again be bit on the ass, big time.

$10 TIP ON $35 BILL AND BURGER JOINT MOCKED TEEN FOR PAYING IN COINS

Virginia restaurant is slammed for shaming a generous 17 year-old boy who bought his friends lunch and left a 30 per cent tip in quarters because it was the only cash he had left

By Jessica Finn

Daily Mail
July 18, 2018

A Virginia teen who paid for his friends' lunch in mostly coins - and left a 30 per-cent tip, was mocked on the restaurant's Facebook page.

Cohen Naulty, 17, and his friends went to Beer 88 in Lynchburg for lunch and didn't expect to be publicly blasted after he paid the bill.

The bill totaled $35, he left a $20 bill and a generous $10 tip, paying most of the total in quarters.

After he left, the restaurant posted a photo of the change with the caption, 'How NOT to pay at a restaurant', blasted it as ridiculous and hashtagging it #nohometraining.

Naulty said he carried a lot of coins because he is a server at another restaurant and often receives them in tips. He couldn't imagine being ridiculed by a restaurant over the type of currency he used.

And neither could people in his community. Scores of Facebook users hits back at the restaurant for being unkind and shaming a kid struggling to do a good deed, prompting Beer 88 to delete their entire Facebook page.

'Not only did they pay, they left a 30% tip. The kid is a server at another restaurant. He paid with his tip money. It spends just like anything else. Their 'apology' was almost as asinine as their original post. Even if it was a joke, you don't mock a customer in order to do so. Ignorance', wrote Joshua Spencer.

Katie Wilson agreed, taking to Facebook, she said: 'Beer 88 should not be posting anything having to do with customers paying. Money is money. He left a larger tip than most. No need to post this sort of backdrop slam at the customer.'

'It's just U.S. currency,' Naulty told WSET. 'I'm allowed to use it. It's not Illegal. I'm not doing anything wrong.'

'They said we didn't have any home training,' said one of Naulty's friends, who has not been identified. 'That was dirty. That was one their hashtags, #nohometraining.'

Before the restaurant removed their Facebook completely, they posted a sort of apology, explaining 'In response to our earlier post, it was posted as a joke, intended as a joke and should be taken as a joke.'

'It was posted as a light-hearted way of saying that something like this can be annoying to people that work in the restaurant/retail industry. In no way did we publicly shame ANYONE for paying OR tipping. We try to keep our page funny and relatable. And had no idea that this would be offensive to anyone,' they concluded.

Cohen's mother, Kim Naulty, came to her son's defense, saying she can't imagine someone being negative about her son.

'If anybody met Cohen, they know it couldn't be farthest thing from the truth,' Kim Naulty told WSET. 'And, you know, he's a good kid.'

The owner, Yao Liu, is also catching heat for the post, she says she's been receiving threats, but isn't the one handling their social media.

'On that part, yes, I do apologize,' Liu said. 'Because, you know, I didn't see it.'

Naulty, who now cheekily also goes by the moniker The Quarter Boy, has decided to turn what he calls 'not a good day,' into something great.

He has started a fundraiser to help pay for other people's meals.

He wrote to Facebook: 'I like paying for people's meals even if I have to scrape together my last quarters to do so. Even though I got blasted for it, it only served to make me realize how much I love doing this. Paying for someone's meal can change a really bad day around in just one moment of kindness.'

'I would like to keep this going and make it fun. I am sure there are places out there that wouldn't mind being paid in quarters and perhaps you can help me out by donating a little to help me pay for their meals! We will use 100% of the donations to pay for others meals and post videos of their reactions!'

But Naulty says he's turning his experience around and using it to help others.

'I decided that I would find restaurants out there that didn't mind being paid in quarters and treat a patron at least once a week, just to see what this simple act of kindness could do for them! We will post videos so that you can see too how big a change just a little 'change' can make,' he wrote, and directed people to a fundraiser where they can donate to his cause.

'If you are a restaurant that wouldn't mind a register filled with quarters at the end of the night and a special treat for one of your patrons now and then please post so I know who I won't offend by coming by,' he wrote.

Other restaurants in the state have been inspired by Nulty's story of generosity.

At Bräuburgers, in Forest, they took to Facebook to say they will hold a special night where customers who pay in change will get a discount, and they say they will donate 20 per cent of the night's sales to charity.

'In light of an incident that went national at another local 'burger restaurant', we have decided to host an event this Thursday night that we are calling BURGERS FOR CHANGE,' the post from Bräuburgers reads.

'Customers who pay in change will be given a 15% discount on all food items and we will donate 20% of gross sales that evening to charity.'

RAPEY, GROPEY, GRABBY BILL CLINTON ….. AND HILLARY, DESTROYER OF HIS VICTIMS

Before he committed suicide, celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain said Bill and Hillary efficiently dismantled, destroyed, and shamelessly discredited women for speaking their truth about being sexually assaulted by Bill

BarkGrowlBite
July 19, 2018

In February, celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain gave a wide-ranging interview to journalist Maria Bustillos for her recently launched magazine Popula. Here is what he had to say about Bill and Hillary Clinton:

Bill Clinton, look, the bimbo eruptions—it was fucking monstrous. That would not have flown today. A piece of shit. Entitled, rapey, gropey, grabby, disgusting, and the way that he—and she—destroyed these women and the way that everyone went along, and, and are blind to this! Screamingly apparent hypocrisy and venality. How you can on the one hand howl at the moon about all these other predators. And not at least look back. OK, let’s say, well, it was all consensual: powerful men, starstruck women, okay fine, let’s accept it at its most charitable interpretation. Fine. He is a very charming man, I met him, he’s fucking magnetic.

As is she. When you’re in the room, you think wow, she’s really warm and nice and funny. But the way they efficiently dismantled, destroyed, and shamelessly discredited these women for speaking their truth … is unforgivable.


In June, Bourdain committed suicide by hanging himself in a French hotel.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

HOUSTON COPS ARE GOING TO BE ‘FLIES ON STINK’ ON PAROLEES

Houston police chief promises to crack down on parolees

BarkGrowlBite
July 18, 2018

Following the capture of a parolee wanted for robbing and murdering three people and wounding a bus driver, an angry Houston police chief told a press conference his cops were going to crack down on parolees. Chief Art Acevedo said:

"Two things community needs to know: We are going to be flies on stink on parolees. They are not going to like living here unless they want to be responsible members of the community."

I have long criticized the lack of real supervision given to parolees. Parolees cannot be adequately supervised only on Mondays through Fridays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with office appointments and forewarned field visit appointments. Many, if not most, parole violations occur during the nighttime and on weekends.

If Acevedo keeps his promise, parolees in Houston can expect to get the kind of supervision from cops that they should have been getting from their parole officers.

MOSSAD HEISTED IRANIAN NUCLEAR DOCUMENTS FROM WAREHOUSE IN TEHRAN

The New York Times: How Israel, in Dark of Night, Torched Its Way to Iran’s Nuclear Secrets

According to a July 15 New York Times story, Mossad agents moving in on a warehouse in a drab commercial district of Tehran knew exactly how much time they had to disable the alarms, break through two doors, cut through dozens of giant safes and get out of the city with a half-ton of secret materials: six hours and 29 minutes.

The morning shift of Iranian guards would arrive around 7 a.m., a year of surveillance of the warehouse by the Israeli spy agency had revealed, and the agents were under orders to leave before 5 a.m. to have enough time to escape. Once the Iranian custodians arrived, it would be instantly clear that someone had stolen much of the country’s clandestine nuclear archive, documenting years of work on atomic weapons, warhead designs and production plans.

The agents arrived that night, Jan. 31, with torches that burned at least 3,600 degrees, hot enough, as they knew from intelligence collected during the planning of the operation, to cut through the 32 Iranian-made safes. But they left many untouched, going first for the ones containing the black binders, which contained the most critical designs. When time was up, they fled for the border, hauling some 50,000 pages and 163 compact discs of memos, videos and plans.

In most Mossad operations, spies aim to penetrate a facility and photograph or copy material without traces. But in this case, the Mossad chief, Yossi Cohen, ordered that the material be stolen outright. That would drastically shorten the time that the agents — many, if not all, of them Iranians — spent inside the building. But the Israelis wanted to be able to counter Iranian claims that the material was forged and offer it up for examination by international groups.

Clearly, the Israeli spies had inside help. They had learned which of the 32 safes held the most important information. They watched the habits of the workers. They studied the workings of the alarm system, so that it would appear to be working even though it would not alert anyone when the agents arrived around 10:30 p.m.

Fewer than two dozen agents took part in the break-in. Fearing that some of them would be caught, the Israelis removed the materials on several different routes. At exactly 7 a.m., as the Mossad expected, a guard arrived and discovered that the doors and safes were broken. He sounded the alarm, and the Iranian authorities soon began a nationwide campaign to locate the burglars — an effort that, according to an Israeli official, included “tens of thousands of Iranian security and police personnel.” The effort yielded nothing.

SATURDAY EVENING ENTERTAINMENT FOR PARISHONERS WAITIN G IN FRONT OF ALTAR FOR START OF MASS AT THE GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH

Ciudad Obregon: Father Shot Dead inside Church

Translated by Yaqui from Uniobregon

Borderland Beat
July 15, 2018

A man was riddled with bullets and killed before the altar of a church, where he tried to take refuge with his son in his arms when he was persecuted by his aggressor with a rifle who shot him several times in front of the crowded church congregation with no regard for the child or the gathering of about 40 people.

In an attempt to flee his assailants, Victor Alejandro "N", got out of his car and entered the church of El Buen Pastor with a child in his arms where he was murdered last evening while the people calmly waited for the beginning of the mass at 7:00 pm in the parish of The Good Shepherd, located in the Casa Blanca neighborhood. He was screaming: " No ! Not my my child ! "

The man, identified as Victor Alejandro" N ", " El Piloto ", 40 years old, while running with his 4-year-old son in his arms, asked his aggressor not to harm the child; he wished to deliver his child to his grandmother who was awaiting the Mass.

The people who were inside the parish were astonished and terrified, some took shelter when they heard the shots, others hit the floor between the pews, some crawled and hurt their knees, according to witnesses.
"The mass had not yet started, the father, ie the priest, was coming into the temple to celebrate the evening mass from the back when gunshots rang out so he did not get out of the car because of what was happening, the police came and the people left," said a neighbor.

According to neighbors of the sector, the man was persecuted from the streets in his vehicle by the attackers, an armed commando aboard a van or truck. The vehicle of Víctor Alejandro "N". had several bullet shots.

The people of Colonia Casa Blanca who were in the church confirmed that with the man, in addition to the child that he was carrying, had two other young girls with him and that when he entered the temple the girls managed get to his mother, apparently the grandmother of the minors.

Several people approached the dead man and rescued the child to protect him and try to reassure him.
Minutes later the place arrived elements of different police corporations, who evicted people from the church and cordoned off the area waiting staff of Expert Service, Forensic Medicine and the Public Ministry agent.

According to information gathered, Víctor Alejandro "N", in May 2016, had suffered an attack, an attempted murder at the Banamex branch, on California and Guerrero streets of this city, after attending the burial of his wife, who was also killed on May 4, 2016.
Murdered Singer Valentín Elizalde with his ex-wife Beatriz Robles, also murdered in 2016 while married to Victor Alejandro. Valentín Elizalde was murdered in 2006 shortly after a concert appearance in Reynosa along with his manager and driver.

He was married to Beatriz Berenice Borbolla Robles, 28, ex-wife of Valentín Elizalde; she was murdered in Cajeme on May 4, 2016. On May 6, 2016, Víctor Alejandro and his companion José Luis were shot and wounded when they followed the funeral procession of Beatriz Berenice Borbolla Robles.

The parish of The Good Shepherd has a fence but not brick yet laid and it is just under construction. It is located on Cima street between Casa Blanca Boulevard and Jesus Garcia, where there are also dozens of shops and homes.
The man, 40 years old, known as "The Pilot", resides in the Hidalgo colony and was an aviator pilot. The victim was identified as Víctor Alejandro, nicknamed "El Piloto", who, according to state authorities, was a criminal target and had a criminal record for the crime of rape.

He is also linked as a pilot aviator for the criminal group "El Chapo Trini", and received orders from a criminal nicknamed "El Telcel" and "El Vaquero".

The authorities of the Attorney General of the State of Sonora, who took the case, claimed not to have details of the incident.

This happened around 7:00 pm yesterday, and it was added to the list of 15 homicides of this month of July, and to 104 of the year.

On Thursday, when another act of armed aggression occurred during a busy time in a commercial plaza, in front of visitors and consumers.

Before the crime recorded in the church of El Buen Pastor, the Bishop of Cajeme, Felipe Padilla Cardona, planned to present today at 12:00 a message transmitted live from the Basilica of Guadalupe in Mexico City.

The prelate will give his position through the portal of the Bishopric from Mexico City, where he is heading the annual pilgrimage accompanied by faithful from Cajeme and other points of Sonora.