Sunday, October 23, 2016

FORMER RED SOX PITCHER ASKS A GOOD QUESTION

How can “people of Jewish faith back the Democratic party which over the last 50 years has been so clearly anti-Israel, so clearly anti-Jewish Israel?”

BarkGrowlBite | October 23, 2016

Former Red Sox Pitcher Curt Schilling is seriously considering challenging Elizabeth Warren in 2018 for her seat in the U.S. Senate.

During a recent interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, the former pitcher and presumptive senate candidate asked:

I would like to ask you something as a person who is practicing the Jewish faith and has since you were young.

I don't understand - and maybe this is the amateur non-politician in me - I don't understand how people of Jewish faith can back the Democratic party which over the last 50 years has been so clearly anti-Israel, so clearly anti-Jewish Israel.

I don't know what else would need to be done, said or happen for people to understand that they don't… the Democratic is only aligned with Israel because we have agreements in place that make them have to be.


Curt asked a good question, one for which I’m sure he will be accused of anti-Semitism by liberal Jews.

Schilling had been a longtime ESPN baseball analyst, but earlier this year he got fired for making comments on Facebook opposing the right of transgenders to use the restrooms of their choice.

There’s nothing anti-Semitic about Curt’s question. I myself cannot understand why America’s Jews continuously vote overwhelmingly Democratic. The only reason I can think of is because, having been persecuted throughout history, Jews feel obligated to support the party that purports to protect and support minorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment