Tuesday, June 12, 2018

THE MOST UNIQUE RESTAURANT I HAVE EVER BEEN IN

The Dierkower Muehle restaurant in Rostock-Dierkower, Germany is inside an old windmill

BarkGrowlBite
June 12, 2018

I’ve been to a lot of restaurants in the U.S. and my travels throughout the world. But during my recent visit to Germany my friends took me to the most unique restaurant I have ever been in. The Dierkower Muehle restaurant is inside an old windmill.




Once seated inside the restaurant, you will be sitting directly under the old grain chutes. The owners have taken care to preserve as much of the old mill as possible in the dining room.




As you can see, my friend Bert and I are enjoying a tall glass of good German beer before our meal.




And you can see me getting ready to eat a steak dinner.




The steak dinner was excellent. I would have preferred German fried potatoes over the French fries, but since I could not read the German menu, Bert did the ordering for me.

We also had a dessert of ice cream with cherries and a topping of real whipped cream. I know the dessert and beer expanded my waistline, but they were sure good.

I will most likely never see a more unique restaurant then the Dierkower Muehle. Eating there was one of the highlights of my trip.

The pictures were taken by Bert’s beautiful wife Jingjing with her smartphone camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment