Saturday, February 11, 2017

I GOTTA ADMIT, I WOUND NOT HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS

by Bob Walsh

I have never been a bird hunter. If I want a dead bird, I will go to the store and buy one. That way I don't have to freeze my ass off at dawn in the middle of a semi-swamp in order to shoot one.

The California Dept. of Fish and Game regulates most hunting and fishing activities in the formerly great state of California. They are reasonably obliging about responding to questions from the public.

Fish and Game Code Section 3502 specifically says that a hunter can not use a real live mammal (except a dog) or the representation of a mammal as a blind in order to approach or take birds. So this clever fellow decided he was maybe going to use a cut-out plywood representation of a dinosaur for his duck blind and made an inquiry to F&G about this, just to be sure.

They responded that yes, since a dinosaur is/was not a mammal it would be OK to use a fake dinosaur as a duck blind as long as the fake dinosaur could not reasonably be mistaken for a mammal. So I guess as long as nobody mistakes his dinosaur duck blind for a real dinosaur and takes a shot at it, he is OK.

I wonder what the season is on dinosaurs in CA? Probably the same as for unicorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment