Sunday, March 17, 2019

CRAZIES ARE NOT ONLY IN CALIFORNIA

Missouri lawmaker wants to make sure each citizen in the state owns an ar-15 and a handgun

By Trey Rusk

Running Code 3
March 16, 2019

I live in a state that has fairly liberal gun laws. You can actually carry a rifle, pistol, knife, machete or shotgun legally in your vehicle. You don't even have to possess a Concealed Carry Permit in order to do so. Sound crazy? Not in Texas it doesn't.

I can remember being pulled over for speeding as a teenager and asked if I had a gun in the car. I said, "Yes" because my Dad always kept a pistol in the glove box. The officer wrote me a warning and let me go. Again, That's Texas.

This is Missouri

I read somewhere that a Missouri lawmaker, Andrew McDaniel has introduced a couple of bills that if passed will make it mandatory for every person between the age of 18 and 35 to own an AR-15 rifle and titled it the McDaniel Militia Act.

That's not all

Representative McDaniel has also filed a bill making it mandatory for each Missouri citizen over the age of 21 to own a pistol. He has titled it the McDaniel Second Amendment Act. These are House Bills HB 1108 and HB 1152 respectively.

I suspect that both of these bills will never get out of committee because they are over the top. Representative Andrew McDaniel has simply garnered a lot of attention for himself. He has also taken up time of the limited time available for all Missouri lawmakers.

Of course, there are some local jurisdictions that have similar laws. In Kennesaw, Georgia a local law requires all male head of households to maintain a firearm in their home.

Now for the rest of the story

It turns out that State Representative Andrew McDaniel did get the attention he wanted. Now he maintains that he only filed the bills to garner that attention so he can amend the bills to give citizens tax breaks on the purchase of firearms in the State of Missouri. I'm sure the NRA must love this guy.

That's the way I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment