Saturday, February 6, 2016

LAST STATEMENTS OF CONDEMNED AT TIME OF TEXAS EXECUTIONS

Researchers in Germany analyzed the last statements by Texas inmates at the time of their executions and found most were positive

Daily Nail | February 4, 2016

Here are some of the positive statements

Richard Masterton, 43: 'Sending me to a better place. I am alright with this, you have to live and die by the choices that we make. I have made mine.' (Executed 20 January, 2016)

Raphael Holiday, 36: 'I love you, love y'all, always going to be with y'all.' (Executed 18 November, 2015)

Juan Garcia, 35: 'To the Solano family, I want to tell them to forgive me. While I am still alive I bring suffer to you all. The harm that I did to your dad and husband, I hope this brings you closure to all of you. I never wanted to hurt any of you all.' (Executed 6 October, 2015)

Gregory Russeau, 46: 'I would like to thank my family and friends for what y'all have done for me. Thank you for being here with me that I do not have to transition alone. I have peace. To my daughter, I love you, to my grandbabies, sisters and brothers, I love you. I am ready to go home.' (Executed 18 June, 2015)

Lester Bower, 67: 'I am not going to say goodbye, I will simply say until we meet again.' (Executed 3 June, 2015)

Kent Sprouse, 42: 'I would like to apologise to the Moreno family and the Steinfeldt family for all of the trouble I have caused them. I would like to apologise to my family for all of the trouble that I have caused them. I would also like to thank my family for all of their support. I guess that's it.' (Executed 9 April, 2015)

Robert Ladd, 57: 'Teresa I am really sorry, please don't have hate in your heart. I really feel like this. I hope you can find peace in your heart and happiness. A revenge death won't get you anything.' (Executed 29 January, 2015)

Arnold Prieto, 42: 'There are no endings, only beginnings. Love y'all, see you soon.' (Executed 21 January, 2015)

Lisa Colemen, 38: 'I just want to tell my family I love them; my son, I love him. The girls on the row, I love them and keep their heads up.' (Executed 17 September, 2014)

Ramiro Hernandez-Llanas, 44: 'I look into my family's eyes, and I see sadness. Don't be sad, I'm happy. I am sorry for what I have done. Be mindful that I am happy till the end.' (Executed 9 April, 2014)

Jose Villegas, 39: 'I am ok. I have peace in my heart and ready for the next journey. I'm really ok.' (Executed 16 April 2014)

Ray Jasper, 33: 'To the Christian hip-hop community, all the positive brothers I've done time with. To all the people that took the time to write a letter. Thank you. To my family, we are one. To my beautiful daughter, the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you endlessly. I am you and you are me forever.' (Executed 19 March, 2014)

Jerry Martin, 43: 'I would like to tell the Canfield family I'm sorry; sorry for your loss. I wish I could take it back, but I can't. I hope this gives you closure. I did not murder your loved one, it was an accident. I didn't mean for it to happen. I take full responsibility.' (Executed 3 December, 2013)

Kimberly McCarthy, 52 : 'This is not a loss, this is a win. You know where I am going. I am going home to be with Jesus. Keep the faith. I love ya'll. Thank you, Chaplain.' (Executed 26 June, 2013)

Beunka Adams, 29: 'First, I want to let my mom know not to cry, there is no reason to cry, everybody dies. Everybody has their time, don't worry about me. I'm strong. To my family: my old man, my kids, daddy is sorry. I love each and every one of you.' (Executed 26 April, 2012)

Franklin Alix, 34: 'I got your letter. It touched me and changed me. What happened was I been wanting to apologize to yall for your son. They told me not to do it in court. I wrote him a letter but they told me that they tore it up in court. I am not the monster they made me out to be.' (Executed 30 March 2010)

Michael Sigala, 32 : 'I would like to ask forgiveness of the family. I have no reason for why I did it, I don't understand why I did it. I hope that you can live the rest of your lives without hate. I pray the Lord grant me forgiveness.' (Executed 2 March, 2010)

Danielle Simpson, 30: 'I want to tell my family I love ya'll...I'm gonna miss ya'll. I'm ready, ready.' (Executed 18 November, 2009)

Here are some of the negative statements

Licho Escamilla, 33: 'Pope Francis, God's children has asked the State of Texas to switch my death sentence to life in prison. But the State of Texas has refused to listen to God's children, they will have to take that up with God. Let everyone know it's not over. (Executed 14 October, 2015)

Michael Yowell, 43: 'To Gerald: you're a zero.' (Executed 9 October, 2013) [Ed: Gerald Harder, who attended the execution with Yowell’s ex-wife]

Douglas Feldman, 55: 'I hereby declare, Robert Steven Everett and Nicholas Velasquez, guilty of crimes against me, Douglas Alan Feldman. Either by fact or by proxy, I find them both guilty. I hereby sentence both of them to death, which I carried out in August 1998. As of that time, the State of Texas has been holding me illegally in confinement and by force for 15 years. I hereby protest my pending execution and demand immediate relief.' (Executed 31 July, 2013)

Milton Mathis, 32: 'The system has failed me. This is a miscarriage of justice. There are people on death row that need help. I asked the Lord to have mercy on me and I hope He has mercy on these people carrying out this mass slaughter.' (Executed 21 June, 2011)

Lee Taylor, 32,: 'I am sorry that I killed him, but he would not have been in prison if he was a saint.' (Executed 16 June, 2011)

Steven Woods, 31: 'You're not about to witness an execution, you are about to witness a murder. I am strapped down for something Marcus Rhodes did. I never killed anybody, ever. I love you, Mom. I love you, Tali. This is wrong. This whole thing is wrong. I can't believe you are going to let Marcus Rhodes walk around free. Justice has let me down. Somebody completely screwed this up.' (Executed 13 September 2011)

EDITOR’S NOTE: My favorite statement of the bunch:

“I am sorry that I killed him, but he would not have been in prison if he was a saint.”

Lee Taylor, a member of the Aryan Brotherhood, was executed for stabbing a black inmate to death with an ice pick he made during his spare time in prison.

I’m waiting for someone to say, “Adios motherfuckers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment