Thursday, September 3, 2015

DISABLED MAN SHOOTS BURGLAR WITH GUN BOUGHT SAME DAY

After four burglaries within six years, wheelchair-bound Harvey Lembo got fed up, bought a revolver and shot a burglar later that night

Harvey Lembo, 67, of Rockland, Maine, is disabled and wheelchair bound. His apartment had been burglarized four times within six years. Fed up, he followed a neighbor’s suggestion to get a gun. On Monday he bought a revolver and later that night he bagged a burglar.

Lembo was in bed and woke up when he heard someone inside his apartment. He grabbed his new revolver from under his pillow and scooted into his motorized wheelchair. He confronted a burglar trying to steal his prescription pills. Lembo described what happened next:

"I screamed at him to stop. And I told him to go sit on the coffee table or I'd blow his brains out. I still had the gun in my hand. And I'm trying to dial 911 with the gun in my hand. [He] Tried to run out the back door. That's when I shot him, yes. I shot just like that. Just barely missed the side of the wall. Got him in the shoulder. If he'd have sat there, nothing would have happened. But he wanted to leave. And I've had enough of it. I've had enough."

The Rockland cops arrived. They followed a trail of blood until they came across Christopher Wildhaber, 45, bleeding from a shoulder wound. He was arrested after a brief struggle and taken to a hospital for treatment. Then the cops hauled his unhappy ass off to the pokey, charged with burglary.

Lembo could face charges. The police said they will leave it up to the district attorney to decide if Lembo’s use of deadly force was justified.

Surely the DA will rule that the shooting was justified. It’s a no-brainer where I come from!

No comments:

Post a Comment