Friday, September 8, 2017

U.S.S. POTOMAC

by Bob Walsh

I happened to be watching a PBS travel thing a few nights ago and discovered that FDRs old presidential yacht, the USS Potomac, is still around. Not only that but it is berthed in Oakland and gives both dockside tours and bay excursion trips. Next time I drift into the Bay Area I am going to have to check it out. That could be a blast and would give me an excuse to exercise one of my prehistoric Speed Graphic cameras.

I enjoy taking photos of obsolete technology with obsolete technology. Shot some stuff a while back of an operational FORD Tri-Motor, then took a ride on the damn thing. Kind of odd ridding on a 90+ year old aircraft (very loud too) but it was fun. They didn't loose my luggage and nobody fought with the flight attendant or got drunk either..

No comments:

Post a Comment