Wednesday, October 18, 2023

THE GRANDSON SCAM

By Howie Katz

 

Trusting seniors are often fooled by online scams.

 
I received a phone call from my grandson yesterday. 

He told me  that he had been in an accident and had been arrested. He went on to say that in order to get out of jail, he needed to put up a $2,500 bond. Of course he did not have the money.

He told me he'd never been in jail before and started to cry. Then he begged me for the $2,500 and gave me an address where to send the money. 

I kept him on the phone for about 10 minutes and finally told him "I'll send the money right away."  Then I hung up on him.

Of course, I don't have a grandson.

This the third call I've gotten from my grandson in jail over the past couple of years.  I love getting these calls because I can have some fun stringing along those scam artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment