Friday, August 7, 2020

WHICH ONE OF US IS AFRAID?

Dave Freeman, in an attempt to justify his refusal to wear a mask, accuses me of being afraid because I wear a mask

 By Howie Katz

Readers of BGB have seen the comments Dave Freeman and I have made concerning the wearing of masks.  He refuses to wear a mask.  I always wear a mask, not because the governor has mandated the wearing of masks, but because I believe the reputable health experts who say that wearing a mask, social distancing and frequent hand washing is the only way we are going to get COVID-19 under control.

I know that people who wear masks are not necessarily protected from catching coronavirus, but they do keep others from catching the virus.

In an attempt to justify his refusal to wear a mask, Dave accuses me of being afraid because I wear a mask.

Here are some quotes from his comments:

"You're afraid, Howie. I get that. So just stay home and stay isolated to protect yourself."

"Don't be afraid little Howie. Everything is going to be ok." 

"It must be terrible to live in such fear."

Let me make this crystal clear: I am not afraid!  I still go to the grocery stores, to the pharmacy, to Home Depot, to Walmart, to Petco, to my doggie's vet and to my doctors.  And every other week or so, I go to Jersey Mike's to pick up one of their fantastic subs. 

I am limited to where I  can drive because, at 93, my eyesight is poor and I am unable to read street signs.  That keeps me from going to any place that I don't know how to get there.

Now let me quote another comment Dave made, this one in light of the rise in crime that is related to the BLM protests: 

"I carry [a gun] everywhere I go...including out in my back yard, downtown, and even in some places that post signs denying my right to do so."

Now let me ask you, which one of us is afraid?  Is it me because I wear a mask, or is it Dave who even carries a gun in his back yard?

Carry a gun in your own back yard?  It must be terrible to live in such fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment