Wednesday, September 21, 2016

FORMER FLORIDA GOV. CRIST SAYS HILLARY IS HONEST ….. OK, GO AHEAD AND HAVE A GOOD LAUGH

BarkGrowlBite | September 21, 2016

Charlie Crist, former Republican Governor of Florida, who became a turncoat by switching to the Democratic Party, missed his calling. Monday evening Crist had a crowd rolling in the aisles with laughter. Charlie should have become a standup comedian.

Actually Crist, who is now running against the Republican incumbent for a seat in Congress, had no intention of making any one laugh. During a debate with his Republican opponent, Crist enthusiastically heaped praise on Hillary Clinton:

“I am proud of Hillary Clinton. I think she’s been a very good secretary of state, a very good senator from the state of New York. The thing I like most about her is I believe she is steady, I believe that she is strong, I believe that she is honest, and I look forward to voting for her.”

As soon as he said honest, the crowd broke out in laud laughter. There were also some boos, no doubt directed at Charlie for praising Hillary..

“I believe that she is honest.” Wait a minute Charlie. Hillary is a perpetual liar, if not an outright crook. How in the world can you say she is honest? You weren’t smoking some funny tobacco, were you? If you truly believe that Hillary is honest, you must still believe in the tooth fairy.

Like the crowd at the debate, I too had a good laugh when I heard a recording over my car radio of what you said about Hillary and the spontaneous laughter that followed.

But for me personally, the best moment came Tuesday afternoon. I was visiting a good friend. He just passed his 89th birthday. He has been in and out of hospitals for the past two years with strokes and heart problems.. He’s back home now, but practically on his death bed. During the visit, I told him that Crist had said Hillary is honest. For the first time in two years I saw him laugh out loud. And he kept laughing and laughing.

Charlie, like I said, you should have become a standup comedian. You’ve just told the most hilarious joke of the year. I'm still laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment