Saturday, January 2, 2021

HAPPY SCIATICA

Spending Christmas in the hospital was not enough

 

By Howie Katz


After I got home from the hospital Tuesday following seven days battling coronavirus, things did not go well at all.

I was still constipated - I know everyone thinks I'm full of shit - and two enemas and two bottles plus two bottles of Magnesium Citrate saline laxative only helped a little.  I developed this excruciating pain where my back meets my butt.

Finally, on New Year's Day my son called for an ambulance.  All the nearby ambulances were on call, so a big fire truck with its emergency lights flashing constantly waited in front of my house for an ambulance to arrive from Hobby Airport, some 13 miles away.   During the half-hour wait, my son gave the attending firefighters the rundown on my condition.

I was kept in the emergency room for about four hours before it was decided that my pain was the sciatica.  They gave me some medication and let me go back home.

I still have some pain but it is now bearable.

I never dreamed that I would be spending Christmas Day 2020 and New Year's Day 2021 in the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment