Wednesday, April 10, 2019

SO FAR, A VERY NICE DAY INDEED

by Bob Walsh

It is right now (about noon on Tuesday) an absolutely beautiful day here in Stockton. Maybe just a tad too breezy for Spring perfection, but very nice. I went to the joint today to fire my annual retired peace officer qualification. There were a half-dozen of us, old farts all, some of whom I had not seen in years. In fact two I would not have recognized if I had not heard their voices.

Everybody shot OK, one guy shot one gun only, every body else shot two guns. Everybody qualified with both guns.

The day was so nice I took my 65 Mustang out. It is about a 25 minute drive each way, just right for a pleasant trip.

When I got home I cleaned both guns (Springfield EMP and S&W Model 19) plus the Rock Island 1911 .38 Super I shot Sunday in my regular monthly competition.

Got to drive a nice car. Got to hang with some old friends and shoot some guns. Got to clean some guns (I find the process to be pleasant and therapeutic usually).

To top it all off I am going to the Gallo tonight to see a musical comedy.

Was it a PERFECT day. No. All things considered though I would say pretty damn good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment